Skip to main content

Wood burner appears to have caused garage fire

January 4, 2014

Photo submitted by Frank Quattrone

A garage fire early Wednesday morning is reportedly the result of a malfunctioning wood burner, according to Ridgway fire chief Scott Pontious.
The fire destroyed a garage located along the 100 block of Harrison Avenue in Ridgway.

St. Marys Area High School junior Jordan Romain defeated Clearfield's Kerry Maines for the District...
The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch softball team ran their record to 8-3 on the season Tuesday night as...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader baseball team improved to 10-1 on the season with a 10-2 victory...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...