Skip to main content

Charles Street home damaged by fire

August 17, 2012

Photo by Victoria Stanish - Members of the Crystal Fire Department were called out Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for a reported structure fire at 330 Charles St.
Photo Credit
Victoria Stanish

Members of the Crystal Fire Department were called out Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for a reported structure fire at 330 Charles St.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the first floor fully involved in fire. Firefighters established a water supply and knocked the fire down. They spent a considerable amount of time working on hot spots.
There was heavy fire, heat and smoke damage to the first floor, moderate heat and smoke damage to the second floor and moderate smoke damage to the basement.
There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire was attributed to unattended cooking.
The Crystal Fire Department was back in service at 5:30 p.m. They were assisted at the scene by members of the St. Marys City Police Department and the St. Marys Area Ambulance Service.

View more articles in:
The Elk County Catholic Crusader football team is making sure their fans get to see a little bit of...
The St. Marys Area Flying Dutch football team lost a 41-0 contest to the Clarion Bobcats Friday...
St. Marys had little trouble dropping Johnsonburg Thursday night as the Lady Dutch volleyball team'...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...